Career Opportunities at Turnmeyers
Turnmeyers is a FANTASTIC place to work. We are a thriving and growing boutique store with a full e-commerce side. Employees at Turnmeyers are team members and have the ability to learn many sides of the brick and mortar and e-commerce world. But we don't bring in just anyone. Please look over the qualifications for any open positions listed below. If you feel you are qualified and are interested, here are the steps.
How to apply for a role at Turnmeyers:
- Read through the qualifications carefully to make sure you are ready and willing to be that person
- Start a new email and put Apply: Position xxxxxx (where xxxxx is the position that you are applying for) in the subject of the email.
- Answer the following questions as thoroughly as possible in your email (you must answer them to be considered)
- Have you been in our store before? If so, what makes you want to work here?
- What is your favorite thing about working with customers and the public?
- What days and times are you available to work?
- What makes you the best candidate for this role (this is your time to really sell us on who you are and why you are a good fit so make it good)
- If you have a resume, please attach it.
- Once you are ready to go, send that email to email@example.com
- We actively look at every application even if we are not actively hiring. If we fill like you might be a good fit then we will get back in touch with you with follow up questions or next steps.
Right now we are currently accepting applications for the following roles:
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE - PART TIME
407B East Main Street, Front Royal, VA 22630
Retail Sales - Part time
Are you a bright, outgoing, honest and dedicated individual looking for some part time work in Front Royal? Do you enjoy being in a unique environment and dealing with the customers? Do you LOVE working with the public? Are you extroverted and not bashful? Can you tackle tasks with little direction? Then we might have just the spot for you.
Turnmeyers is looking for friendly, bright, outgoing and dedicated individuals to join our team as part time Retail Sales Associates.
Why Turnmeyers? We are one of the most unique and revenue stream diverse local businesses in the area. We are growing at an extremely fast pace and need people who want us to be as successful as we do. We need TEAM players and people EXCITED to be here.
Hours and pay vary with experience and how well you do in your interview.
RESPONSIBILITIES (UP TO AND INCLUDING):
- Available to work weekdays, some nights and some weekends
- Assess customer’s needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their questions. You MUST love interacting with customers
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- A friendly and energetic disposition
- Maintain in-stock and presentable conditions by following cleaning schedules
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in English
- Basic math currency skills
- Solid communications and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic disposition
- Availability to work flexible shifts (including weekends)
- Ability to pass a criminal background investigation
- Ability to lift and move items up to 30 pounds
Preferred by Not Required Skills and Qualities
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales Associate, Sales representative or similar role in a small business style environment
- Hands-on experience with Point of Sale (POS) devices and transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
Turnmeyers is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement and all other personnel practices. Turnmeyers will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service or any other legally protected characteristic.